Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Encouragement in Him

Colossians 2:6-7
As you have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him.
rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.


Colossians 2:9-10
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;
and you are COMPLETE in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.


I read these verses today and was just so encouraged at being a child of the living God. That I am saved by His sacrifice that I could never do with my own son and that He loves me.
So many gifts come with this but the one that I have been thinking of so much lately is true rest and joy through whatever comes our way.
A brother at the chapel spoke on this at Chapel and it really struck me.... Joy through everything because we know that the God of the universe and the one that thinks of me as the number of grains of sand is in control and everything that happens passes through His permission first.
Are we living with Joy? are we serving the Lord and giving our all like we totally trust Him and know that we can rest in him alone for our everything......
I have not been but long to grow and make that choice every day for the Lord to be in control and use His control and strength and not mine..... foolish attempts......
I have come to realize that alot of it is just choosing to be obedient in Christ's strength and doing what we know we need to do no matter what we are feeling for my emotions lie to me on a regular basis.

Thank you Lord for loving me and being willing to not only give your life but also your love and strength........

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I agree, Anne. It seems an important principle in the life of a believer... obey first in faith, then feelings will follow. And our feelings and emotions certainly do lie to us! We can only trust the truth of God's Word, that He is who He says He is and will do what He says He is doing. It's so good to be encouraged to live in the light of that!

Scott and Lynn said...

We can't just WILL ourselves joy - we have to follow the Biblical pattern! I recently studied John 15's 3 keys to having our joy be full!

*Abide in Christ
*Bear Much Fruit (which the Father does in us when we abide in Christ)
*Walk in Love

When we are doing these things consistently in our lives and not quenching His work in us - that's when we realize that we ARE full of joy :)