Monday, December 4, 2006

Are we living as though we are alive and already started on Eternity????

I was up early this am and in the quiet of children still asleep and the Christmas tree lights on I just had this overwhelming thankfulness to the Lord for where this last year has brought Micah and I and how this Christmas is such a time of thankfulness for His grace and faithfulness.

I am doing a study in Romans through BSF this year and one thought I have had through it is are we living as though we are alive or ?? Do we realize when we walk through the store and come in contact with unbelievers that we were them. Headed on our way to a lost eternity and to hopelessness.
Do we judge the lost for their horrible life (realizing that we were them and still struggle with the flesh but have awesome victory through CHrist) or thank the Lord for the privledge of sharing His gospel and utter thankfulness for our salvation.
Do we stay in our comfort zone or stretch ourselves to reach out to those who need us most. Do we live as though we are alive or ?

Do we in Victory through Christ alone and as though eternity started the day we were born- again or do we live as though it does not start until we are home in heaven. Praise the Lord for our new lives and that we can through His srength live a life for Him now into all of eternity.

I love that we can totally throw ourselves on our precious Savior and He cares for us and about every aspect of our lives and longs to help us grow in Him alone.

When I had all of these thoughts I was convicted.What an awesome privledge and job we have to do as sons and daughters of a living and risen Savior! But the thing that came so strongly was utter thankfulness and joy for His awesome sacrifice.

Lord- Thank you. Thank you. THank you. For saving a horrible wretch like me..... Romans 6 and Eph 2

2 comments:

Shawna said...

So very true Anne!

I often ask myself if I REALLY care.
I mean of course I care on the inside, but do I actively show I care on the outside. You know just as well as I do, that is takes
SACRIFICE, and a lot of it. But when you consider the sacrifice made for me, how petty my "sacrifice" seems.

Thanks for the challenge this morning to examine my life!

Rachel said...

Good post, Anne. I have been thinking about that very thing, just how much am I living in AWARENESS of who I am in Christ? Am I thinking about those things as I go about my daily tasks? Am I living a spiritual life amidst all of the other stuff I have to get done each day? Because those 2 worlds are supposed to intersect...

I don't have it all figured out yet, but it is really challenging to consider how much time I waste. Thanks for the encouragement to live as though we are ALIVE and not still dead in our sins.