Alright I am going to do this idea that Shawna has done because I love it and being able to look back at it when I am done and remembering what was happening at the time...... so here is the first list......
1. being married to my best friend
2. falling in love deeper and deeper as time goes by
3. family hugs and tickle fights
4. the excitement of my children when I run and chase them
5. hear my children pray
6. being able to be involved in holiday activities
7. walking up stairs with loads of laundry
8. walking period :)
9. times of quiet with my Savior
10. teaching my kiddos
11. tears
12. loss
13. my daddy
14. being refined
15. messes
16. cooking
17. lessons learned
18. being set aside by my Savior
19. early mornings
20. memories
21. forgiveness
22. friendship
23. family of Christ
24. wise counsel
25. brothers
26. time
27. healing
28. Lyme
29. security in Christ
30. family traditions
These are just a few of the thoughts running through my head. I have thought so often today of the psalmist saying oh taste and see that the Lord He is good!!! How I long to remember this and base my reactions off of this precious fact.
Micah was wondering of the things I remember of being sick and there is a very high percentage that I do not remember at all but I do have to say as I teach my kiddos and do alot of house work today I have to remind myself it is a privledge to walk, talk, use my hands, read....... those are for another list but my heart could burst with song for how grateful I am to be well. To be functioning. To be learning. To be actively participating in life as a wife, mom, sister and friend!
Enjoy today! As Anne of Green Gables says: Lets drink it in!! Or soak it up. In other words take a moment and reflect on all that we have!
My prayer is to work on having an attitude of thanksgiving and praise and to abide in the vine!
Monday, November 30, 2009
1000 things to be thankful for.............
Posted by Anne at 10:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment