I read this choice gleanings for today....
Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you. Phil 1:24
What a blessing the apostle Paul was to the saints- he taught them God's truth, prayed continually for them, encouraged them, rebuked them, aided them in infirmities, and comforted them. Perhaps even more amazing is that he tells us that he did all this in love and joy( Phil 2:17). Paul was confident that through Christ, he was a blessing to the church and that his help was needed. What am I to the church? Is it needful that I remain? Would my help be greatly missed if I were gone? God is able to give me love for the saints and a desire to serve them. Am I fulfilling that charge?
-Baylor Crawford
Make me a channel of blessing today, make me a channel of blessing, I pray:
My life possessing, my service blessing, make me a channel of blessing today.
I love how this speaks of service and that the church body needs us to obey and let the Lord use us. No matter who we are the Lord's work is waiting and needs to be done......
Thank you Father for using a sinner like me........
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Service for our King
Posted by Anne at 7:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I just read that this morning and was also convicted. It makes me think of John 9:4 - I must work the works of Him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. Our worldly goals (work) seem so futile compared to those of the Lord which has eternal value. It is as the favorite old hymn goes - And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.
Post a Comment