Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Perfect Peace

Well I guess this blog is because I am so thankful for the Lord......
I have had a rough day.... nothing out of the ordinary but feeling emotional and sad. From memories, and just feeling down.... My grandma went home to be with the Lord in February of 2001. I found a note card she made with this verse on it:
Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you
He will quiet you with his love
He will rejoice over you with singing.

The note card is not just her writing but her art work, simple flowers and some shading....
what helped me so much was the fact that no matter what is hurting me or bothering me I am never alone. I just need to stop, be quiet and pray.
Far to often I have so many thoughts racing through my mind. Some legitimate and some from insecurity.

Praise the Lord for His word and truth. I am thankful that He has forgiven me and before him I stand clean. No matter what anyone else thinks or acts....... I am the Lords and He is mine. I am His child. Forgiven, clean and righteous because of His precious gift.

Regardless of what any of us have done.... we were all on our way to a lost eternity before we excepted Christ. This is a very good thing to remember as we think about ways to serve and love the saints.... are we stretching out of our comfort zone, do we ever try to talk with someone we normally would not, have we asked the Lord what He would be having us do.

I found as I read this verse and prayed today it was when I took my eyes off myself and put them on the Lord Jesus my whole outlook changed.
I rejoice in my King and my Salvation. I hope you will too!!!! What is He doing in your life lately? what is He changing and growing you in?

4 comments:

The Martins said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! I remembered this morning at church. (And, of course, I'm just now getting a chance to tell you!) I hope you have had a fabulous day!

Jessie said...

Thanks Anne. That is something I need to be reminded of every day.
Love you

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,
How are you today? I've been praying for you. I'm trying to figure out how to comment on other peoples blogs.
Mom

HopiQ said...

Praise our great, providing, caring God!!!

I love your new picture with your husband. You guys are so cute!