I am reading a book that is called "Calm my Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. I really like her style of writing. She wrote about a missionary lady that worked in Africa for many years and was very content with her life even though it was a very tough one. Later her daughter found the list of things that brought her to this contentment and it has been very, very encouraging to me.......
1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself in any other circumstance or someplace else
3. Never compare your lot with another's
4.Never allow yourself to wish that this or that had been otherwise
5.Never dwell on tommorow-remember that tommorow is God's not our's
This woman's eyes were fixed on eternity and what the Lord had for her to be doing to glorify Him. I love this because if we are honest with ourself at least one of these will be convicting. I do not write it for that but for encouragement that we can be women of contentment excited about what job the Lord Almighty has for us to be doing!!!!! I want to work toward being a woman of contentment as to not be a hindrance but a help in the Lord's work!!!!!! Will you join me?
Monday, February 4, 2008
Contentment
Posted by Anne at 1:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I love that book. I too need to learn how to be content with where the Lord has me.
I'm so glad you are enjoying the book! What a great list! All things are in God's hands :)
How true are those words, Anne! Thanks for the reminder. I'm working on reading through that book too...slowly but surely!
Oh, this is SO good! I need the reminder to be content in all things. I can trust my loving Heavenly Father! I will have to get the book.
That is so funny that you would write about this. I've been listening to a series about the same thing! I'll have to get my hands on that book, too!
this is great encouragement!
thanks!
One thing I have learned so far in my life is that every single thing in my life has made who I am today. Every stupid mistake, "wrong" choice, emotional stain,and life challenges, the Lord has used to make me, ME. I would not have been the woman my husband needed had I not gone through everything I have in my life. Now I try to never wish something didn't happen to me because only the Lord knows.
Thank you for these encouraging words Anne-Love you
Post a Comment