Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sister in need...

Hey all! This is Lynn writing on behalf of Anne, so if I don't get the medical terms in here, forgive me :)

Anne and Micah really would appreciate your continued prayers on their behalf. The past few weeks have been really rough for Anne physically, and the current situation is pretty difficult. Anne has not been able to use her legs for the entire weekend... this is something her doctor has seen happen in Lymes patients before. Really, there is no way to know how long it will last. Maybe a week, maybe a month - maybe it will affect her arms too - he has never seen it be permanent, however. My understanding is that it has to do with encephalitis, or swelling in the brain, a result of Lyme.

The doctor has ordered a wheelchair for Anne, and she has to have an adult with her 24/7 because she cannot move quickly enough in an emergency. She needs help being lifted around...

As you can imagine, this means pretty much sitting in the same chair all day, every day. Today Micah shared with us a scripture the Lord has used to encourage him the past couple of days...

"Oh, the depth of the riches, both of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out. For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has become His counselor? Or who has first given to Him that it might be repaid? For of Him and to Him and through Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen." Romans 11:33-36
Despite their struggles, Anne and Micah are committed to the glory of the Lord! Please continue to pray for them. Pray for mom and dad who do the majority of caring for them. Pray for the kids, Christian and Abby, in all the ways you can imagine. And, please, pray for guidance to know in what way YOU can encourage them :)

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, Anne, I'm very sorry to hear about this. I am praying for you and your family during this difficult time. Hang in there, dear!

HopiQ said...

We are praying for all of you.

Shawna said...

Praying here.

bandanachick said...

Anne...we are praying for you and will continue to do so.

Rachel said...

Anne, it was good to talk to you today. You know I'm praying for you. I love that verse that Micah mentioned...so good to hear that you guys are trusting.

I'll come by soon...I have stuff for you!

Lots of love,
Rachel

Jessie said...

We are praying-and sweet Benny prays every day for "Miss Anne"

The Martins said...

Anne, I'm SO sorry you have to endure this. My heart aches for you! You are in my prayers!