Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Patience is a virtue....

Well I am not sure where this post is going to start.... I was not feeling very well on Friday and by the middle of the afternoon all of a sudden words were gone. I have to say I am incredibly thankful for great friends and caller ID. The latter two let them know I needed them and to call my hubby. My 10 yr old nephew was brave and helped me....
My friends came across Town from there busy lives and helped with kids and support...... thank you to you both. I love you guys and it was great comfort to have you come.
Words are there some. As I get more tired they seem to fade away.... harder to get out. I have to say that making me pick my words carefully is not a bad thing especially for all of that know I am quick tongued...
It is not easy to be sick... some days totally bed ridden others able to do quite a bit.....
but I would not trade it. It has taught me and my family so many lessons we otherwise never would have known. I would never have slowed down and listened to the Lord or much of anything...... It has taught us so much about contentment and that Gods will is best even if we would change it. I think it helps you grow leaps and bounds when you have to have Him help you get up and go.
I have a little one that has been angry, scared and worried showing all of these in not the kindest ways but learning very valuable lessons.
My kids are the only ones I know that can get IV flushs and stuff I need when not able to myself. (nothing dangerous... we are not doing surgery)
My kids have a heart for people with health problems and are not afraid.

I guess what I am trying to say is I think it absolutely amazing that the Lord loves us so much that He designs the perfect plan for us whether we agree or not he knows.... I rejoice in that.

I am not trying to be a hermit. I miss all of you so much. I am thankful for your pray, support and love and obviously we have not moved because other family members have shown up at things.....

Please pray for me and my family to spend our time wisely and time that would build memories and character for the Lord..... that we would praise Him for each new day and keep us looking up......
Even if I can not read alot I can pray, and recall scripture to mind.... this is why we memorize. I am learning that so much now.

I love my two kiddos, hubby, parents, brothers and there spouses,my favorite niece and nephew, our church family and my friends that I have known forever(you know who you are.....)
I just needed to pause and write this because despite the tears, frustration and times I have just balled the last week. I am blessed to Have a Savior that suffered for me... and if I need to taste that here then let it be because in Eternity I will be free... free to only worship, free to not hurt free to be only who the Lord wants me to be. How great to not have to worry about my ugly sin nature.....

Just thoughts on a wonderful night with stew simmering and an IV pump going... much better then gravity that was all day.... I am really trying to figure out how to make IV polls a good looking accessories....... thanks for listening and for your encouragement back it does mean alot and helps more then you will ever know!!!!!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I've been thinking of you and praying for you this week, Anne. I just "knew" something was going on. I miss you. I'll be praying for you day tomorrow, that you'll be able to get good fellowship and enjoy your time with friends. Love you.

Allison said...

I've been thinking of you so much lately. Please know that I'm here whenever you need me - and so close by!

I'm sure Paige and I can come up with some ways to "trick-out" your IV poll. LOL

Take care of you.

- Allison

Encouragemant From Above said...

I've been praying for each of you every day and thanks for sharing.

Encouragemant From Above said...

I've been praying for each of you every day and thanks for sharing.

Encouragemant From Above said...

I've been praying for each of you every day and thanks for sharing.

Lynn said...

Sorry we missed our coffee this week! I wish we could be there for you - it's a rotten week for us to have fevers over here :) But, you know we are praying for you and the fam. Love you!

Jessie said...

Love you Anne. I have missed you and have been praying for you. Ben keeps asking to take a walk over to your house :)I was glad to see you at play practice even if I could not stay-missing you & praying for you.