Monday, January 8, 2007

Our High Priest

We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the majesty in the heavens. Hebrews 8:1
Thy right hand shall hold me. Psalm 139:10

Our Lord occupies a special position- "on the right hand" His is the place of utter for "angels and authorities and powers (are) made subject unto Him"(1 peter 3:22) And what of our place? Why, we are held in His right hand, so ours is the place of utter security.... What a priest! What a promise!!

God will take care of you, through every day,o'er all the way;
He will take care of you, God will take care of you.

This was the choice gleanings for today....

I love that our heavenly Father and our High priest lovingly hold us and never let us go and truly care about the little things in our lives as well as big ones. No detail is to small for huge, all powerful and all knowing Savior.
I love that He holds me and my family and friends that know Him in the palm of His hands...

Praise the Lord we are all Safe in his hand!!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Anne, Thank you for your thoughts and reminder that the Lord cares about all things, big or small. I've been reminded of this a lot lately..especially at work...the importance of praying for the things that I think I can take care of myself. When things begin to go wrong, if I stop for just a moment and quickly commit it into the hands of our Father, no matter how small the problem is, He is always faithful to give me the strength to face the situation and help me respond in a way that is much more pleasing to Him than if I had tried to undertake the problem in my own strength (and generally He resolves the problem much more quickly than I can!) He really does care about all the things that affect our lives and wants us to trust ALL of it to Him. Praying for you today, Anne!

Rachel said...

Hey, I just heard that you haven't been feeling well...hopefully we can talk tomorrow. Praying for you!